Monday, August 30, 2010

A trip home...

Gran's House...Originally red asbestos shingling, original ironwork on front porch.
So I took a few days last week to make the drive up to North Alabama to visit my family.  Monday of course was the City Hall East sale (more on that coming!), so I headed up on Tuesday and stayed for a few days.  I had a great time looking around my grandmother's house, which was built in the 50's.  Gran's house is a super cute ranch, with beautiful original light oak floors and a den on the back of the house with walls and ceiling of knotty pine paneling.  There are tons of details in her house that are great and much of it is still original (she did get rid of the red shag carpeting some time ago that lived in the den!).  Here are some pictures I took of some of my favorite details.
Classic 50's door!

Original stove hood.
Another great mid-century detail on the hood.
View from kitchen to dining...original cabinets and "tile" paneling.
Hood detail, push button!
Original laundry room off the carport with great built-ins.
Built in heaters throughout.
<>
Knotty Pine and a wagon wheel chandelier in the den.
Great vintage Anderson aluminum screen door on laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment